Randy Brecker2015, Piloo Records
- New Frontier 11:49 (Donald Fagen)
- Let Me Just Follow Behind 13:09 (Bette Midler by Moogie Klingman)
- I Can't Quit Her 12:22 (Blood Sweat & Tears by Al Kooper)
- Hello It's Me 9:41 (Todd Rungren)
- Ghost Writer 7:53 (Garland Jeffreys)
- Think 2:23 (James Brown)
- I've Got a Bag Of My Own 5:29 (James Brown)
- Meeting Across The River 5:34 (Bruce Springsteen)
- Late In The Evening 9:34 (Paul Simon)
Randy Brecker - Trumpet w/effects, Voice
Kenny Werner - Piano, Keys, Arrangements
David Sanchez - Tenor Saxophone
Amanda Brecker - Vocals
Adam Rogers - Guitar
John Patitucci - Bass
Nate Smith - Drums
Randy Brecker turns 70 years old in November, a good reason to celebrate the soundtrack of his (and our) life. Randy POP! brings into fine focus Breckerʼs lasting service to pop musicʼs most noteworthy recordings,
Beginning in the ʼ60s, Brecker distinguished himself as a first-call studio “cat“ who could play any music a producer or artist needed. His reputation was well-earned, considering the timeless recordings featuring his trumpet.
Randy POP! highlights these recordings, but with a twist. Long-time associate Kenny Werner has “de- ranged“ the songs of James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon, Donald Fagen, et al, with an ear towards creating a new musicial canvas for Randy and his bandmates to paint on.
Captured live at the Blue Note jazz club in New York, Randy is joined by David Sanchez, Adam Rogers, John Patitucci, Nate Smith and Werner himself – with a special guest appearance by shining vocalist and daughter Amanda Brecker.